While my husband and I go away often for vacations that don't include the kids, this is the first time that we've been the ones left at home, just the two of us. Our oldest has stayed at school for the summer, so she's been gone. But our baby, for the first time, left this morning for three days of intense basketball training.
Day one of our empty nest experiment was a hot one - with temps in the 90s. So a large amount of gardening was out of the question. I did get two bags of mulch laid and a little bit of weeding done before the heat set in, but that was all I could take. Because it was a hot, windy day, I ended up spending much of the day on laundry - washing and hanging out five loads to dry on the line. Green, frugal, and just homey. I LOVE hanging clothes out to dry in the fresh air. What a treat.
Today was also one of my cooking days, so I made chicken noodle soup and baking powder biscuits, and then had to clean the kitchen from all the cooking. Now that the meals have been picked up, and the fifth load of laundry is drying, I think we'll relax with a glass of wine and dinner. I'd say day one was a pretty big success.
No comments:
Post a Comment