We are in the final night of our crafting weekend. Plans changed, and we will be taking them home tomorrow night. It has been such a wonderful weekend. Four days, and three nights, of crafts, and giggles, and goofy pictures, and giggles, and wet willies, and giggling, and joking, and giggling...
YOU GET THE PICTURE
What better sound than two giggling goofy girls?
I am amazed at their ability to get along, to go with the flow, to scrapbook for HOURS on end. They were never at a loss for something to do. Grabbed Barbies for the road trips, made up shows for around the fire, and jumped into every project with whole hearts.
I could not have had more fun. Granted, I am tired. They have had me going for three days. I am beat. But it is a GOOD beat.
Some of my favorite moments:
On our road trip to Green Bay, the girls made the connection between my husband Ken and their Ken (barbie) dolls. So they decided to torment them - dressing him (the doll) in dresses, tutus, you get the idea. At one point, Kennedy said "oh, Ken, you can do the SPLITS". I about peed my pants. She is so funny!
Saturday was scrapbooking day. We started right after breakfast, and they started right in. Between the two - I was helping one with the PC, one with her pictures. By 10, I still hadn't had a cup of coffee, because every time I tried to leave the room, one or the other yelled "MISSY!", Pretty soon they were purposely waiting for me to be leaving the room, then they'd call for me, and break out in giggles. They cracked me up!
Before this weekend, the girls did NOT know what wet willies were. They do now. And they learned quickly that just making the SOUND of one would make William throw his hands over his ears. Oh, the laughter that ensued every time they walked behind him and smacked their fingers... but the BEST was tonight - Ken walked through the living room and quietly, simultaneously got them BOTH, and all I heard was a unison wail. It was hilarious!
I am extremely sad for the weekend to end. But I am so ridiculously grateful for the Blessing and opportunity to create a stronger relationship with them. It has been amazing. And hopefully the first of MANY.
No comments:
Post a Comment