Wednesday, June 27, 2012

you never know who is watching

Shot an email to a good friend today - just checking in - miss working with her. Didn't hear back from her, but she is typically busy 15 hours a day, so I figured I'd check back later. So tonight when I gave up trying to get to sleep, I checked my email, and at just about 9pm, she'd responded. With nothing more than an attachment, saying she'd found something in her old Dale Carnegie folder, a speech she'd done in that class.

When I opened the speech, I realized it was about me. And how my attitude when life gets hard had inspired her.

What an awesome feeling, to think that how I lead my life mattered to someone. And that they saw my actions, and my reactions to life.

It's an important lesson. No matter how much you think you don't matter, someone is watching. When you least expect it, they see what you are doing. Whether it's a smile, holding a door, or in my case, the reaction I took to some horrible life events, people see what we do, and it matters.

So make it matter for the GOOD!

No comments: