Inspired once again by my Pastor's sermon, I ask you the following question:
What are YOU doing? What seeds are you sowing? God asks us to plant the seeds, and He will make them grow. So what are you doing to sow the seeds of Christ in other people?
I struggle greatly with evangelism. It is hard for me, as outgoing as I am. As soon as I started to understand what Pastor's sermon was about, I started wondering "what can I do"? When I leave this place tonight, how can I change my life to sow more seeds of Faith for God? Short of going door to door, or asking people to discuss their Faith, what can I do?
It wasn't far into the sermon when Pastor started answering my question.
Listen....to someone who needs an ear.
Smile...at someone you don't know.
Help...anyone....at any time...because you can.
I can do this. I DO do this. But I don't do these things to sow seeds! I just do them, because that's what we do! I had never thought of these things as sowing seeds of Faith for God to nourish. But truly - if we do live life as Christ would have us live, how is that NOT witnessing?
I have had a friend tell me that my Faith inspires her. Without me outwardly doing it - living my life as I do - is evidence of my Faith - and is inspiring someone. If I can, by my actions, lead others into doing good, then I am happy.
But not satisfied.
I just don't feel it is enough.
So like my entry on volunteering - which led to me volunteering twice for CMN, AND joining LWML (and leading a collection drive) - I now want to create a laundry list of things that I can do to sow seeds of Faith in others.
This one won't be as easy for me. I'm looking to leave my comfort zone. I will have to pray on it. But as always, I will keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment