Tuesday, October 16, 2007

the message

Snoozed an extra 20 minutes today. So the morning was rushed. I had tons of things to do - not enough time to do them. My life as it normally exists. Got the kids up early, so I could get out of the house early. Had one loading my car with donations for the united way sale. had one pouring my coffee cup. quite a site, I'm sure. Had three things to do before work..drop payroll off at church, gas up (had NONE in the tank), and take out my dad's garbage, which is always a race against the garbage man.....

Got to church - happy to not have problems with the door.

Got to the cenex - and the darn card reader at the pump wasn't working. I did NOT have time for this. Frustrated, I put only 20$ in, to make it through a few days. Rushing in the store, there is a line. At this point, I fear I will not win the garbage race. As I'm signing my bill, John, a friend, and father of a friend of Allie's walks in. Bloodshot eyes, obviously tired. I think to myself "someone had fun last night!"

Of course that's not the story at all. A friend's house burned in the night. John and his family have their three girls.

All I can think of on the way to work is what I can do. I'm giving speeches on the United Way today - and here, friends have nothing. They need everything. I must do something. I'll think of it all day. How I was rushing along in life, and they are without a home. Without their clothes. Luckily, they are all safe. That is a gift from God.

The message is in my heart. Every day is a gift. Every hour a Blessing.

No comments: