I love to read. And having more time to read is another one of my perks from working part time! I belong to "3" book clubs - one that I helped start at my former employer (yep - we still meet after many years, and despite the fact that a few of us no longer work there!), one online through facebook, and one with a girlfriend. I don't always get to participate in each of them, but do as often as I can.
The problem is, I'm a book lover. Ok, excuse the language, but I'm a book whore. I LOVE books. I have shelves of them. I have too many that I want to read! And I don't keep them all after I read them - I only keep the ones that I might want to read again some day, or lend to someone else. Most of the shelves are full of books that I haven't read! And trying to fit those extras in, with three others books going on, well - it can be difficult!
So I am excited about a new winter reading program at our library. Local businesses have provided prizes, for an incentive to read in these cold, Wisconsin winter months. So I am reading! Finished one book this week and last night started another. Very excited to be pushing myself to read some of the books on those shelves. Maybe when I'm done, I can turn them in at the used bookstore in town - to get store credit - and BUY MORE BOOKS!
I have a few vices. Reading is one of them. But one that probably isn't THAT bad for me. :) We do live in the frozen tundra...and it's winter. It's cold outside! No better reason to curl up with a book in front of that fireplace!
2 comments:
OK - now I have a question for you - do you still have my Mitford books or are they packed away someplace here?
Glad the library started up a program - I need to get back to reading again.
If you are looking for another good book - as if you don't already have enough... Bob Greene's "The Little Town That Could".
I still have them! THAT might be a good goal for this spring, eh? ;)
Post a Comment