Saturday, January 25, 2014

A day of cleaning and purging...

Once again this winter arctic air has changed our plans, postponing a trip to the local ski hill. Which meant for me, a found day here at home - a chance to do some cleaning and purging.

Am I the only person who feels a great satisfaction in purging?? I love simplifying. I love purging. I love de-cluttering... Today I've been tackling magazines. Going through them, pulling ideas, etc. Didn't have the heart to hit the gardening mags yet, it's just too painful with the two feet of snow and -20 degree windchills. For another day...

We are having our youth group over for pizza and movies tonight. It will be a small group, but a reason for me to get the house cleaned - in preparation for a week of company. Bible study is here on Wednesday, a girlfriend here for the weekend starting Friday, and a superbowl party on Sunday! So the floors have been swept, the dusting done, and the bathroom and kitchen cleaned. LOVE having a clean house, even if only for a few hours. :) I imagine it won't look the same after a bunch of teenagers have been here!

So I have the pizza dough rising, and I have another couple of hours to purge. Onto more magazines!

No comments: