Monday, January 6, 2014

Life's tests...

I help out with our church's youth group. And we have a facebook page - for updates, scriptures, etc. We finished a Bible study just after Thanksgiving, and then had a Christmas party, but have been "off" for the holidays. In order to jump start January, I posted a passage from James on our site the other day - about growing stronger through those tests. James 1:2-I1.

I have felt these last couple of months an incredible strain and stress. There are many factors. So many. And more arose this morning. And I'm not talking tests about housework, or people issues, I'm talking about big life tests. The ones that change you.

So this morning, I closed my bedroom door and fell to my knees. And I prayed. I prayed for strength, and for peace. I prayed prayers of repentance for all I've done wrong. I prayed for guidance and direction. I prayed prayers of thanksgiving for bringing us to where we are today. But mostly, I simply prayed. I prayed, giving all of my worries and stress up to God. Because that's what I do. At least I try. I try to give my worries up, allowing Him to worry for me. To take care of me.

I don't know where I would be without my Faith. It gets me through, and makes me stronger, no matter what the tests and trials. I am so thankful for my God, for His strength.

No comments: