Last night we received notice that due to snow, school would be delayed this morning. And with that delay, the field trip for the band off, and with that, my sub job cancelled. I had a TON of things on the plate for this week, and felt immediate relief when I realized that I would have the day to catch up!
Before going to bed last night, my dear husband asked me "what are you going to DO with all day tomorrow??" And while I know his intentions were good, that he was happy I'd have a day "off", I realized that he really doesn't have any idea what it takes to run a household!
Before noon today I had:
- sorted all of the recycleables
- taken garbage and recycling out to curb
- shoveled the massive pile at the end of the driveway left by the plow
- unloaded and loaded the dishwasher
- baked 3 dozen biscuits for my families
- washed dishes and cleaned up the kitchen
- gotten the fireplace going
- cleared the mantel
- washed a load of laundry
The afternoon will include additional cleaning and laundry.
Wonder what I should do with my day off? ;)
1 comment:
How true you are, even as a former working mom, I find myself thinking, I didn't do anything today even when I was busy all day
Post a Comment