I live in a town of about 850 people. We are approximately 20 minutes from two larger towns, of around 20K people each. As of late, I've seen several articles and interviews with people slamming small town America, stating that these small town areas are useless, with nothing to offer.
I beg to differ.
I've lived in a big city - a city of just under a million people.
And I'm glad I now live where I live.
Today was a shining example, as I ran errands before the weekend. As I walked into the grocery store, I was able to congratulate a new uncle on the birth of a niece. I was able to talk with a dear friend working there, going through some personal issues. And the door was held for me as I left with my purchases!
I then headed to the library. Was able to not only grab my next book club book, but a new release movie (gotta love that!), and some free magazines that they were purging. I had a chance to chat with a friend from church who works there in the process.
I love knowing the people working in town. I love knowing their families. I love that they know and care about me, and MY family. I know small town living isn't for everyone. But it is for me. :)
1 comment:
Me, too! Super like!
Post a Comment