There is something in me that loves to do things for my family. To make days special. And so of course on this amazing day of our Christ's birth, I have been up early baking and cooking an amazing dinner for my family.
Up at 3 am to prep the turkey, which is now roasting, making the house smell amazing.
Next, at 5, the dough was begun for the rolls, which are finally in the oven. Cloverleaf rolls, in honor of my mother, who made them for every holiday. I can only hope that they are half as light and amazing as hers.
Sweet potatoes are boiling, to be mashed for souffle, potatoes are peeled and ready for cooking/mashing, and the cranberry relish is made.
Only thing left this morning is to prepare the stuffing. Mom's stuffing, of course.
I have loved being up, with cheesy Christmas movies on, the fireplace rolling, and a cup of good coffee to keep me company. The family is sleeping, and the time is mine. Soon I'll be setting the table, and pulling out serving dishes, and lighting the candles, to enjoy the afternoon with those I love.
I am so thankful this day, this day that we celebrate our Savior's birth, for all of God's Blessings.
Merry Christmas Everyone, and God Bless You.
2 comments:
You are amazing and I'm sure your mother is proud
Thanks Carmen! She taught me well~
Post a Comment