Saturday, December 15, 2012

a few of my favorite things....

I am SUCH a Christmas sap. I just love how this holiday feels.... people giving to others, thinking of others....doing as Jesus would have us do - ALL YEAR LONG. There are so many things I love about this time of year...so here are a few of my favorite things.... (true Christmas officianados hummed that last line!)

  • watching sappy holiday movies on tv
  • baking and giving away treats for others to enjoy
  • finding the perfect gifts and watching loved ones open them
  • the fireplace
  • snow on the ground, and the glow of holiday lights in the snow
  • getting Christmas cards, updates of friends, and pictures
  • eggnog, and hot cocoa, and Tom and Jerry's, and spiced cider
  • the smell of balsam trees
  • Christmas programs with little children singing
  • going to the woods, cutting down our tree, and dragging it out
  • mistletoe
  • the Christmas service at church
These are only a few.... I love so much about this time of year... What is YOUR favorite thing? Take time to enjoy it, along with many others, and cherish this magical time of year with your loved ones!

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

No comments: