Sunday, December 9, 2012

More freezer cooking!

Today was another freezer cooking day. For under 50$, and 4 hours of work, I put 2 meals of Tequila-Lime chicken, 2 meals of Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs, 1 meal of Sweet Asian Chicken, 2 meals of meatless manicotti, 4 sides of rice pilaf, and 2 sides of garlic mashed potatoes in my freezer. I know that people claim they don't have time for this, but the time I save far outweighs the time I spend.

It takes organization. And planning. But I was able to spend about an hour picking recipes and writing the shopping list, a half hour in the store, and 4 hours prepping and cooking. But the 4 hours included a lot of girlfriend time, so I am sure it could have gone even faster. And now I have seven main courses and six side dishes in my freezer. Yeah for me!

Tonight during commercial breaks and half time of the Packer game, I've prepped one kind of cooking (dough needs to freeze before slicing and baking), and made one candy. Again, it's not a ton - but every bit helps.

The key is to bite off little chunks of projects. Fit them in. If I can fit one candy/cookie in each day this week - I'll have my holiday baking done with a week to spare. And honestly, my attitude is just this: I'll get done what I get done!

People comment all the time about how much I get done. It's about organizing - and using those little bits of time that seem to be lost. That's all it is!

No comments: