Friday, December 14, 2012

no words....

I was online this morning looking for a recipe when a blurb on the screen said there was a shooting. in an elementary school. in connecticut.

So I turned on the television.

Early on, there were three hurt, and the gunman dead. But then the day went on, and the numbers started rising. Horribly rising. To now, where there are 20 children and 6 staff dead at the school, as well as the shooter, and another adult deceased at a different site. 28 people, almost all children under the age 11, dead at the hand of a single man.

How does someone turn a gun on innocent little children?

There are no words to express my deep, deep sympathy to all involved in this tragedy, both survivors and families of the deceased. I cannot say or do anything to ease the pain.

I pray to God today - for the families and victims, that they find comfort in their Faith. I pray for our society, that we bring God back into our daily lives, getting back to living life as God would have us live. And I say a prayer of thanksgiving - for all of the heroes that we will begin to hear about - that protected some of the children.

There are no words to describe how I feel today. There is a pit in my stomach. There is an ache in my heart. And tears in my eyes. A deep, deep sadness fills my soul today.

God Bless the people of Newtown, CT. May God be with you in the coming days.... 

1 comment:

Merri said...

Very well said! Such a senseless tragedy!