Tons of random thoughts are still running through my head from my reunion...
If there is one thing that stands out, it is laughing. People's laughs really define them. And with some people (Rachel!) it's just such a genuine laugh, it warms your heart.
We did a LOT of laughing this last weekend. So much so that I had absolutely no voice for four days. Today it's becoming a comeback, but still pretty raspy.
Anyway - I have great visuals in my head of people breaking into full blown laughter. SD was keeping everyone on their toes, her energy blasting everyone within 2 ft. Saturday night - I actually laughed so hard a couple of times that I thought I'd pass out from lack of o2.
At the end of the evening, we went to the martini lounge (yes, I'm still in my biker clothes), and sat there reminiscing over the geeky stuff we did in HS, and every story ended up in knee-slapping laughter.
What an amazing thing - to get together after all these years, and have that common ground that lends itself to geniunely enjoying each other's company. I guess it helps to have us to laugh at - we're pretty geeky.
2 comments:
Hey..speak for yourself..geeky me? No way! Its a shame we wait ten years until some major event to get all in the same room together. We have to commit to some days throughout the year radomly to just get together. Our little threesome for sure, and then extend the invite to whoever else. Madison anyone? Tailgating at Camp Randall?
I'm there - totally agree. And with more often, informal reunion type things too - - - it's crazy to wait ten years!
And yes, fellow geek, you were right there with me. (Ok, we were the COOL geeks.)
Post a Comment