Thursday, July 17, 2008

random acts...

It's been a rough week. That is an understatement. I had such a rough day at work yesterday I sobbed. That is an understatement. I couldn't imagine having to go back today. I was so upset by what someone suggested to me, I didn't think I could face them today. What they honestly asked me to consider yesterday went against my morals, my values. They didn't ask me to do it, but just the suggestion was enough to make me question so much.

I had meetings all day today - and with the person asking me to make a horrible judgement call. I didn't sleep last night. I didn't eat all day. I actually became completely dehydrated, to the point where I got a migraine partway through the last meeting of the day. The worst meeting of the day.

When I got back from the last meeting, I stopped in HR to talk with the manager - an absolute sweetie. While I was standing there, two of her associates (both dear friends of mine) came over with a bright bouquet of dyed daisies. FOR ME.

They knew I was having a rough week, and knew I needed a pick-me-up. In their words, that's what friends do.

I was so emotional from the horrible week, I instantly began crying. That they would not only think of me, but actually drive downtown to buy me flowers. What an incredible random act of kindness. I hope that they know what it meant to me. I hope that I can find a way to repay them...

No comments: