Monday, July 7, 2008

independence day?

Fourth of July is big in our little town - a beautiful, small town celebration - with a parade, and carnival, and fireworks. We have had for the last 8 years, a huge party full of friends and family - everyone relaxing under the shade in the yard. It's one of my favorite times of year.

This year was bigger than ever - about 60 friends came off and on throughout the afternoon. It was amazing.

Unfortunately, my DH had to work the night shift, so he had to miss the fireworks. DD was off with her friends, DS was off with his. Which left me on a blanket on the hill missing my DH. I've always been a very independant person, but I didn't realize just how much my family means to me. It was surreal sitting there without them. It just wasn't the same. Is that a sign of a strong family bond? Or am I getting so dependent on them that I can't function as an entity anymore???

No comments: