This weekend was my coming out party. In a way. It was my twenty year class reunion. I left high school as a brain, a non-drinker, a violin player, an actor, National Honor Society president, blah, blah, blah.
Meeting my husband was the best thing that ever happened to me. My husband is a biker. Not the pedal kind, the motor kind. Harley to be exact. We have an amazing life together enjoying our bike - traveling, getting away. It is by far the best thing that ever came into my life (that wasn't a person).
Back to the reunion. Saturday was a memorial ride for a dear friend of mine - who lost her son to suicide. I knew that if I chose to ride in the ride, I would not only be late for the reunion, but have to go straight there - in my biker clothes.
You have to realize that 90% of my former classmates had no idea that I was a biker. So fashionably late, I walked in - Harley bandana, jeans, and boots. Mixed in with the stilleto heels, the fancy dresses, you name it.
Now I've never really been one to be shy, or introverted, so being the only biker b()&^ there, I wasn't about to become a quiet wallflower. I threw my goggles on my head - and jumped in feet first. I was out. Closet wild woman no more.
Meeting my husband was the best thing that ever happened to me. My husband is a biker. Not the pedal kind, the motor kind. Harley to be exact. We have an amazing life together enjoying our bike - traveling, getting away. It is by far the best thing that ever came into my life (that wasn't a person).
Back to the reunion. Saturday was a memorial ride for a dear friend of mine - who lost her son to suicide. I knew that if I chose to ride in the ride, I would not only be late for the reunion, but have to go straight there - in my biker clothes.
You have to realize that 90% of my former classmates had no idea that I was a biker. So fashionably late, I walked in - Harley bandana, jeans, and boots. Mixed in with the stilleto heels, the fancy dresses, you name it.
Now I've never really been one to be shy, or introverted, so being the only biker b()&^ there, I wasn't about to become a quiet wallflower. I threw my goggles on my head - and jumped in feet first. I was out. Closet wild woman no more.

1 comment:
A W E S O M E picture Melissa!! Good for you for going as the "true" you! Glad to hear you had fun.
Post a Comment