Wednesday, November 7, 2007

ugh

I am in the middle of hell at work right now. Shouldn't be taking the time to even write this, but I have to do something or I'll go insane. I just went by my boss's office to hear the president of the company yelling at my boss about a decision I made. A decision I fully stand behind and do not feel I should change. But one VP, and the Pres, feel differently. I heard him yell into the phone "why didn't she bring this up to us? Why did she let the production go on?". And my boss having to defend my decision, and my knowledge, which obviously the pres and the VP in question do not feel is adequate.

I feel like I've lost all integrity with them in my position. In a position I truly thought I was capable of. A position I hoped would grow into more, but now doubt.

I don't know that I can stay here. Not just because with this kind of questioning my integrity, I will never move up. Not just because I feel I am not trusted. But because working in an environment like this is unhealthy.

Funny thing is, before the meeting on my decision this morning, the pres, same one who is totally angry at me, presented me with an award for my charity work. He literally stood one minute handing me a plaque and in the next minute was criticizing everything I try to do.

I hate this place.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Here's a big hug for you..

I'd love to have you closer to me :-)