Ok, so last week at work was probably the worst I've ever experienced. Feeling pretty bad - not wanting to be here anymore. Have come to the realization that I do get a nice paycheck, so I'll hang it out until I find something better. Something that will allow me to live my life.
Last Thursday was a good day. Not at work. It SUCKED at work. But after work, I took a night for me. I left right after work to head to Wausau. To the Harley dealer there, for ladies night. I spent a little over an hour there, listening to all the info from the rep, sitting on various bikes. It was the first time I have ever sat on a bike by myself. I've been riding on my DH's for 5 years, but until now, didn't think I could handle it.
Had some beer, did some shopping, and now know that I am definitely ready for my own bike. I also signed up for the safety/licensing course, so I should have my license by the end of May 2008. I'd love to get a bike also next summer, but we'll have to see how finances pan out. Something to start saving towards.
I felt great leaving Wausau. An hour drive home to think about things too. To remind myself that work is just that. Easy to lapse into taking everything personally. Frustrating to think that I will probably never move up here. I've busted my behind for this company for 12 years. And after 12 years, I'm in the same place I was then. That doesn't say much. But I think I see that it is not the most important thing in life.
That was also driven home this morning. My friend Paula's husband had a heart attack last night. 39 years old. In the hospital, awaiting test results to determine what needs to be done. With kids my ages, it is hitting very close to home. Life is way too short to let work run you down. WAY too short.
1 comment:
A bike!!!! That is awesome!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!
Take each day as a gift and remember you have friends who really care about you!!!
Love ya!
-Ginny
Post a Comment