Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmas

Friday night I sat in my workshop, wrapping presents and writing holiday cards, watching my favorite holiday movie of all time - White Christmas. I love watching that show. I'm a sap for old movies. This is my favorite. I didn't even dig out the DVD, it was actually on tv. What a treat. I am really trying to do the things I love this season. Work is getting SO hectic and unbearable. So I'm focusing on our family, my kids, and the traditions.

Today the kids and I went shopping. We went from store to store. Not buying a lot, but enjoying the time. Found a few great gifts too, and I even let the kids buy themselves a couple of treats for having all their shopping done early. Sat and had a long enjoyable lunch. Got coffees at Starbucks to enjoy on the way home (not Will!)

Got home, put out a few lights. Started writing the annual letter. Allie went down to wrap her gifts. She surprised me with a beautiful snowman she painted for me, to add to my collection. What a great treat. Something I'll cherish forever.

These are pretty random thoughts. But this time of year brings random thinking to mind.

No comments: