Thursday, September 7, 2017

patience

I am trying to be patient. I am waiting for a call on a job. A job that I think could be the perfect job to take me right through to retirement. It fits my salary needs, location, and offers me a chance to be fulfilled while making a difference.

But they haven't called.
"
I think I am perfect for the job. My skill set, my interpersonal skills, my passion, my experience... Everything that makes up my frame of reference has prepared me for this position.

But I don't know who else applied. And I am waiting. I am trying so very hard to maintain my patience, and not be pre-occupied with it. But it is getting harder. It's been over a week since my final interview.

I have had an anxious week. Waiting for the call. Emotional.

But out of the blue, I got a message from a former student, someone I had not heard from in over a year.
"I don't know why, but I felt the Lord saying pray for you today. I hope all is well."
God needed to remind me that He's got this. I forget to let my worries go, to give my anxiety up to the Lord. He is taking care of me. And He will provide what I need, whether or not that is what I THINK I need.

Love His little reminders....

No comments: