I live in a very small town, on the edge of a small town. I kid you not. But the town we are bordering has a gem in it's center, and I feel the need to shout it from the mountains!
I was born and raised in Marshfield, living in Nebraska for my college years, and then returning to Central WI as an adult. I have lived in a small town about 15 miles away for the last 20+ years, and for much of my adult life, I have worked in Marshfield as well, putting me there at least 5 days a week. One of the gems in Marshfield is the Wildwood Park and Zoo, a free attraction that I think many people take for granted.
Growing up, the park was a very special place for my mom and I, so going there always brings back good memories for me.
Aside from a beautiful park full of shelters, playgrounds, and ponds, there is a zoo with so much to offer. One of the newest additions is the Kodiak Bear exhibit, one of only a few in the country.
I have watched the zoo change and improve for so many years, and yesterday I had an afternoon to myself, so I took the chance to check it out. And I was so happy to see even MORE change. Better exhibits, educational tools, new landscaping...so many beautiful things. A beautiful bird exhibit, wild cats, wolves, elk, buffalo, deer, and mountain sheep. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
One of my favorite things is the fun new walk INTO the zoo, filled with tracks! It's these little touches that really make the zoo special and fun for families.
HOW CUTE IS THIS?
So here is my plug. If ever you find yourself in Central Wisconsin, please, please find time to add Wildwood Park and Zoo in Marshfield to your agenda. You won't be disappointed.




No comments:
Post a Comment