I have known for awhile what I was really missing.
What parts of me were hurting. What was making my soul ache.
So I made a list. Life is too short to be hurting, or regretting.
crafting
writing/blogging
travel
visiting family and friends
home reno
creating recipes
read
gardening
So this is my list. These are things that fill my cup, that make me feel whole, and happy. These are the things I need to fill my life with. And I am doing them. And loving every moment.
I read a book this week! A wonderful book called The Wednesday Letters.
I am in the process of redoing our bathroom - new paint, new lights, and a new mirror. Not a major change, but a facelift. And I painted our brick wall, creating this fun coffee nook!
This spring I reclaimed one of my gardens - making my herb garden a beautiful signature in the yard. I combined my love for old things, and my love for my gardening... and it turned out so cute!
My husband and I spent a lot of time this spring bumming around Wisconsin, and are heading to South Carolina in a few weeks - a bucket destination for me.
And I am writing.... I am WRITING! I have written a recipe this week, and several blog posts. I have been journaling for the last couple of months.
I forgot how I love to write...
So this is my message to you. Don't put it off. Whatever "it" is. As Nike so proudly put it, JUST DO IT. Life is short. Opportunities are fleeting. So slow down. Do what you love. Do what fills your soul. And don't worry about what anyone else thinks. It's ok to say no to doing things you don't want to do, and it's ok to be selfish and spend time doing what you want.
FILL YOUR SOUL


No comments:
Post a Comment