Crazy to be saying this, but I am truly hoping that tomorrow marks the start of my last chapter of my professional career. And by that, I mean, that I truly hope that this new adventure for me will take me through the next fifteen years, until I can retire.
Ever since leaving my management position in 2011, I have been floating. Trying to find my new direction, figure out where I am supposed to be. I have tried being my own boss (which I have decided is really not for me), I was able to stay home for a year to just be "retired" (which I loved, but am too young to consider for the next 30+ years), I sub-taught (which I loved, but cannot do for the rest of my life), and everything in between, just never finding what I wanted to do for the rest of my career.
And then, I got a message from a friend...
This friend is someone who has known me professionally for many years, and on a personal level as well. She asked if I would be interested in a temp position at our hospital as it transitioned ownership. It sounded like a great reason to get out and be professional for a few months, and I was hired.
I was a "utility" person, working wherever was needed. While there, I worked in two offices, one of them managed by an amazing force of a manager who I loved working for. She is one of those managers who is SO good at reading people, finding their strengths, and utilizing them. You leave her office feeling accomplished, and appreciated. You look forward to working there.
Fast forward a couple of months after I was done with the temp job, and a job opened up, for the amazing manager. Two phone interviews, and one in-person interview later, and here we are. Tomorrow morning I am no longer a stay-at-home wife. I am back to a full time employed person. In a position working with volunteers. In a feel-good job, with an amazing manager, in a place I adored working as a temp. Yep. Quite honestly my dream job. I could not be more excited. I really see myself working this position for the next nineteen years.
I have always said that God puts you where you need to be. And when I first left my management career, I had no idea it would be so I could be a sub teacher for my friend with a brain injury when she could no longer teach. And who knew that this temp position would be my opportunity to get a foot in the door with an awesome job.
I am so very thankful for this opportunity. I cannot wait to dig in. To do amazing things. To fill a niche.
Time to turn the page on a new chapter!
No comments:
Post a Comment