Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Toasting 2013..the year of the visits.

2013 was an amazing year. I've blogged before about "visiting" - taking time to visit family and friends, and this year we had so many gifts. We started off the year spending time with a dear friend from college out east, and on the way home stopped at family in Fort Wayne and friends in Stoughton. I again spent a long weekend out west with college friends there, and while my husband was on a 3 week motorcycle trip, I took four mini trips - one to visit college friends for a weekend, one to visit with high school friends, one to spend with my sister, nieces, and great-nieces, crafting the weekend away, and yet another girls weekend with them, without the kids. We had a mini family reunion with my siblings, cousins, and an aunt, AND we stayed with our former Pastor and wife. So much time to visit people! And we were also Blessed with visits to US!. My Nebraska friends again came out for multiple visits. Additionally our NOLA kids came up for a week, and I had multiple mini visitors in between - including friends I used to work with, friends who have moved away. It was a whirlwind of a year to say the least! And full of so many Blessings. It wasn't all easy. We had more than our share of issues. Ups and downs like no other. But in the end, we have each other, we have our health, and we have our home. That is all that we've realized we need to be truly happy. So I am saying a prayer of thanksgiving tonight as I reflect on the year. Thankful for all of the people that are in our lives, and all that we've been able to make contact with this year. I couldn't ask for anything more...

No comments: