Monday, July 15, 2013

Update from the road - a phone call!

Tonight as we were rushing out the door to meet my husband's family for dinner, he called. What a WONDERFUL surprise. We chatted forever, and it was just what I needed. To hear the stories, the excitement in his voice.

It sounds like they are having the trip of a lifetime. I can't count how many times he said that we have to go back. To show me. They are in Colorado right now, stayed last night in Steamboat Springs, waking up to the sunrise over the river.. absolutely beautiful.
 
Today's ride was very much off-road, up and down steep inclines, crossing rivers. Loose, dusty gravel and a thunderstorm. I cannot even fathom. But they made it - through a tough day - and he said they took lots of pictures to share. I cannot wait to see the pictures, and hear all of the stories.. I love that he takes time to send me pictures like this...
 
So they will continue on tomorrow - finishing up Colorado and heading into New Mexico.  And the stories and memories will continue to be made.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Happy, happy glad it's going well

Jeff Hansen said...

I am sooo jealous... Hope he continues to have a great time.