- for Ken - 3 weeks of on and off-road motorcycle travel down the continental divide - over 6000 miles! An amazing trip, they are home safe and sound!
- for William - a trip to Lifest (his first) as well as a quick trip to visit family in Eau Claire.
- for me - well, in addition to running the house hold while Ken was gone, I painted and redecorated the bedroom, traveled for a weekend visit with friends in Minneapolis, traveled for two days to visit college friends in Red Wing, and visited my family in Eau Claire.
Last night, when the guys made it home, it started to feel like normal again. We had the other family over too - so we were all here to welcome them back! We enjoyed hearing just a few of the stories... knowing there are many, many more to come.
Today was a WONDERFUL, back-to-normal day. Got up early, made the guys breakfast, and then ran to the store to work for a couple of hours. The guys picked me up at lunch, and we went to the lake to have a picnic - in the absolutely PERFECT weather we are currently having, sitting and relaxing. Ken started unpacking, and washing the bike. I did some weeding and watering. And now, dinner is baking. Meatloaf, garlic smashed potatoes, steamed veggies, and peach kuchen. A good, old-fashioned dinner for my traveling man. Something he hasn't had in awhile.
So while dinner is baking, we are sitting in the living room, I on my laptop, he watching NASCAR. It is SO good to be back to normal. I have always loved my life, but nothing like 3 weeks out of norm to make me realize just how much. I am so Blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment