About a year ago, my husband and a friend of his started talking about doing the Continental Divide - off road. At the time, I honestly never thought it would come to fruition. We don't have an off-road bike. My husband doesn't ride off road.
Our Wild Hogs
But...The hunt for the perfect bike began. He knew he wanted a Buell Ulysses. He's read up on them, wanted to stay with the Harley company, and wanted American made. We looked at them while on road trips, and he finally found one online for sale - in southern Wisconsin.
His ride, loaded and ready.
Once the bike was purchased, it became a blur. There was new riding clothes, a new helmet, maps, a new camera... and before I realized what was happening, he had 3 weeks of vacation planned, and the trip was on!
He is SOOO excited about this trip. I jokingly call it his mid-life crisis, but it truly is a trip of a lifetime for him. They will have an amazing time.
Sent them off this morning. Bikes loaded, they hit the road for an adventure of a lifetime. We had a long talk last night...We've never been apart this long. And I worry about him - riding off road, camping, etc. I will miss him incredibly, already do. He's my partner in life, and having to go solo for three weeks won't be nearly as fun. But in 3 weeks, he'll have pictures and stories to tell for a lifetime. I can't wait to hear them.
Godspeed boys. Godspeed.



3 comments:
He is going to be fine, you are going to be fine, think of the laundry, you won't miss him then!
He is going to be fine, you are going to be fine, think of the laundry, you won't miss him then!
Fun trip! Safe travels for those 2 boys!
Post a Comment