I have realized an issue for stay-at-home-moms. It's called "a day off".
Back when I was in management and working out of the home, I would take vacation days to just stay home alone and relax. Watch movies, garden, whatever. Now, being part time, and home much of the time, I don't feel the right to do that. EVER. I'm not sure why this is in my head, because it's certainly nothing my husband has ever said to me. But in my mind, I don't work full time (HAH! Just keeping UP with our home and lives is full time, let alone on top of part time teaching!), so I don't need/deserve days off? I am not sure why! This is crazy thinking!
I am tired. Been teaching 3-4 days a week for the last month, after back to back vacations, and trying to clean out the flower beds and gardens now that the snow has melted. The house is not at the level I'd like, and I am TIRED. Nights are baseball games, and weekends are FULL - all the way through June. I would love to take a day and read on the deck with a jar of sun tea.
But I'm a freakish type A person. I have a list a mile long in my head - of things to do in the house, AND in the yard. It never ends.
But I do think I need to schedule myself a vacation day. A true vacation day. Take a motorcycle ride, or read in the hammock, or go garage sale hopping... something just for me.
Teaching today. Maybe at lunch I'll write up my to-do list, so it is more manageable than a looming list in my head, and then I'll schedule myself that vacation day. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment