Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Celebrating my husband

Today my husband turned 49 years old. I was very thankful to be able to spend the entire day with him, as we both had the day off. I made all of his requests for the day - which included bacon and eggs for breakfast, BLTs for lunch, and chili for dinner. (He's a pretty low-maintenance kind of guy.)

For his cake, I wanted to do something special. He has mentioned more than once a spice cake with peanut butter frosting - something he had as a child. So I googled some recipes and made him "a fancy cake" (the description of my 15 yr old son - as I made a two layer round that I put on our cake plate). And it turned out ok.

It's fun to just hang out - and celebrate not only who he is, but who he is to our family. We met almost 20 years ago, and I couldn't imagine life without him.

No comments: