Wednesday, November 28, 2012

the early morning quiet

Woke up this morning at 4:30, went to check the fire and it was down to coals. So I put a few logs on, and decided to sit up and tend it.

There is something about the quiet morning. Fire crackling in the fireplace the only sound. Light from the flames dancing across the room... it's just beautiful. Only thing more beautiful would be a lit up Christmas tree (which we don't have up yet).

I've always loved mornings. Don't get me wrong - I love days when I have no agenda and I get to sleep in! But I love my quiet mornings. Up before everyone else, fresh coffee brewed...and on cold winter mornings the fireplace going...

I think that in today's world, we have too much noise. There is so much chaos. Our kids are in activities taking them every which direction, and we are always on the go. We are constantly bombarded, by social media, texting, and technology.

we are missing the quiet

We don't take time to listen. To meditate. To pray.

We are constantly being over-stimulated with television, the internet, the radio, texting.

So I am putting this out there. This holiday season, I'm making a point to find my quiet. To turn off the stimulation. To breathe, and listen, and meditate, and pray. Shut down the chaos, if for only a few stolen moments while everyone else is sleeping.

I think it will be good for my soul. I know it will be good for my soul. Anyone with me?

No comments: