Yet another passion of mine is crafting. I'm not "that" crafter - that can do woodwork, or paint, or anything truly talented. But I love to craft, especially taking cast-off items and making them into treasures!
And pursuing this crafting side of me has been a wonderful by-product of my new life... I have TIME to craft. Which I love. And this weekend, we are having our 2nd annual holiday bazaar, where we "closet crafters" bring our goods together for a mini craft sale in my home.
It's nothing fancy, and nothing predictable. Because we are all just folks who enjoy the process involved in crafting, and this is a chance to show them off! So I've been busy - getting the house ready, and last minute crafting. The sale starts in the morning. And I'm so excited. Excited to see what my friends have made, and excited to see others excited to buy them!
This year I made Christmas cards, stationary sets, magnets, vintage button ornaments, bird seed treats, scrabble tile coasters, cotton crocheted dishcloths, and lots of yummy treats to eat. Tomorrow I'll have the Christmas music playing, coffee and cocoa on, and yummy treats to eat for all of our holiday shoppers. I cannot wait... And I'm already thinking about next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment