Have to love facebook. For all of it's quirky, goofy, and sometimes idiotic characteristics, it is also a place where I have reconnected with people - some of whom have again become integral parts of my life.
Today, one of those who has had a particularly trying few weeks, posted today that she is going to post something she is thankful for each day this month. And her first is being thankful for Jesus Christ. She is such an amazing woman. Over the last two years, I've seen her deal with horrible tragedy and loss, and her answer is always the same. She knows that God hands her what she needs, and what she can handle, and that He will get her through it all. And He does.
We often talk at Bible Study about how we don't know how people without Faith get through the hard times in life. Because we, as Christians, give our struggles up to God, and He gets us through. And my friend is such an example of that. Her strength is amazing. And she uses her Faith to help others also struggling.
Our East Coast right now is devastated by Sandy, and I pray for everyone out there - for strength, and patience, and that they all survive and rebuild. Our trials seem small in comparison to what they are all dealing with. I pray that they are able to turn to God to get through this. And the years to come, as the cleanup and rebuilding continues.
No comments:
Post a Comment