Last night I got a voicemail from my daughter, currently a junior in college, and it was one of those mama joy moments, when you thank God for protecting and guiding your child...
Raising kids is TOUGH work. There is no question, and any parent will agree.
One of the hardest times is letting them go - to leave home, make their own decisions, etc. And then letting them struggle and fail....so that they learn, oh it is so hard. But it's part of what we do.
I saw at work last night that I had a missed call, and then a voicemail, so on my walk home, I listened, and it was from her. She just called to tell me that she had rocked her midterms, was working on a media kit for her PR class, and that she just wanted to let me know how confident she is in her choice - of major, of career path, and that she loves it.
wow
Seriously, how happy do you think that made me? To not only hear it, but to realize that SHE GETS it. She has found something she loves and is passionate about, and is pursuing it. and being successful. I don't know that there is a greater gift to a parent than to see/hear that.
I know that her path will have many more curves, and bumps, but I just feel that I've done something right, in that she sees how important it is to love what you are doing. Not to settle.
I am so proud of her right now. And so thankful to God, for continuing to guide and protect her while she makes these difficult decisions on her own.
No comments:
Post a Comment