Monday, November 19, 2012

teaching

I am falling more and  more in love with my new identity as a sub teacher. I so look forward to going in to school each day. I hope for more assignments.. And when I come home, I can't wait to tell the hubby about all that I got to teach that day. I feel much more part of the system, much more of a staff member, and am making new friends at school too.

The other day I got a call from a headhunter. Gave him my info, listened to his oppotunity, and hung up. When my hubby asked who it was, and I explained, he asked me (so matter-of-factly) "why do you keep pursuing new leads when you're SO happy doing what you're doing and you don't have to go back full time?" It was a "duh" moment - to be sure.

I'm not sure why I felt I needed to keep looking. We are fine monetarily. I am loving the part time status. I'm getting a few days a week, just perfect honestly. And I'm walking to work - we don't need another vehicle - saving on gas and insurance, etc. I walk to and from school, still getting exercise and getting healthier. Why WOULD I look for something different right now?

I get to work with kids. I get to try to help them understand things that they struggle with. I get to see that light bulb go on. When I walk into school, kids ask me who I'm subbing for - they say good morning - and ask me how I am.

I have had teachers and students alike thank me for teaching. Seriously. THANK me. How cool is that? Had students thank me for explaining (of all things) mole conversions in Chemistry. Love that I'm able to make a difference to someone. LOVE that.

What a crazy Blessing my life has turned into. CRAZY. And wonderful. Amazing. All goodness.

No comments: