Soon after I met my husband, he used the term "cat under tail" to describe going "bumming".
no destination
just the open road
Going cat under tail is absolutely one of my favorite past times. Often happening on a week night - or even a weekend day - when we find ourselves with time in front of us - "cat under tail" always brings us to new adventures and surprises!
This weekend I had friends in from out of town, and on Friday, we decided to go, you guessed it, "cat under tail". (Of course I had to explain the term).
We headed for Marshfield, with a couple of errands to run there before heading (we planned) to Wisconsin Rapids. On the way to Marshfield, I decided we should visit the Market on Sixth, a specialty wine and cheese shop that I'd been wanting to check out.
So our first stop on our "cat under tail" adventure turned out to be one of the best of the weekend. Not only is the shop a beautiful place, with a great selection of wines, cheeses, and gift items, but we were fortunate enough to be able to meet and talk with the owner of the shop. He was a wealth of information, paired with an outgoing personality and a love of wine and cheese. He gave us a wonderful tour of the grounds, explained some of the events that go on there, and more importantly, told us about all of the farmers that he's met in his quest for opening the store and offering amazing cheese and wine.
We had such an amazing time. I cannot wait to head back, with girlfriends in tow, to one of the events held there. I will return for more cheese (the cheeses we bought Friday morning were paired with antipasti and fruit for dinner that night!), as well as wine (the owner studied in Napa Valley, cannot wait to hear all he knows about the wines!)
Market on Sixth is a WONDERFUL example of why to buy local. A local person, following his dream, opening a store that he is passionate about. Learning all he can about wine and cheese, and then imparting that knowledge to all that want to know. So excited to find such a wonderful gem in Marshfield, so close, we can continue to enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment