Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fun in the kitchen

I am a little behind on blogging.... been SO much going on. Last week, I had the chance to take a cooking class, and I HAVE to tell you about it.

The class was a farm to table class. It was a great class, offering up information on all of the area opportunities for locally grown produce, locally raised meat, etc. I am SO passionate about doing all we can to buy local - and this is the culmination of that. Growing, buying, and eating food all locally!

The class was wonderful - three teams, each making three recipes, using locally purchased products. I found that there were several spice combinations new to me, that I would not have tried had it not been for the class, and that is always a good thing!

So while I found that I am way ahead of some others - in what I grow myself, purchase from local farmers, etc., it was a great chance to share stories, and have some great fun in the kitchen!

No comments: