Thursday, June 25, 2009

summer break as a mother of two...

During the school year, my morning is pretty hectic, getting up early enough to be ready for work before the teenage daughter and pre-teen son take up the shower and bathroom. So summer break for me means not having to rush! When I get up, the house is quiet. I get so much more done.

This morning my DH and DS left at 5:30am to pick strawberries, so there was a little more hustle and bustle around while I was getting ready. I rushed around, packing all I needed for work, filling my thermos, and getting out to the car.

Imagine my surprise when I turned on the car, and the clock read 6:06.

In my rush, I'd forgotten that it was summer, and that I hadn't been rushing around my kids getting ready for work. Needless to say, I don't need to leave for work at 6am. So I went back into the house, made some breakfast, and enjoyed my found time.

No comments: