My life is in a definite downturn right now. It was such a rough week, and I'm feeling like a person on an island right now. No one here to help. Until two beautiful Blessings today.
This morning, a dear, dear friend at work (actually old enough to be my mother - I went to school with her kids) surprised me. She knows that I've been in a tough place lately. And she also knows just how important my Faith is during these times in my life. Today she surprised me with a small prayer book. One that has meant a lot to her. It made me cry. I look forward to spending some time each morning in devotion in that book. What a Blessing.
Then at lunch, I had an amazing surprise. I received a friend request on facebook of someone I did not know. When I read the message, I found that she was a long, lost friend. And again, I cried. I cried for someone I've been looking for off and on for the last 17 years. The last time I saw her she was holding my brand new baby girl, who turns 17 in June. We lost track after I left Nebraska, and several times I've tried to find her. I learned today that she was looking for me too, and she hunted through all the "melissas" that went to our college to find me. And I couldn't be happier. I've thought about her so many times in the last 17 years. Wondered where she was, what she was up to. And today we got to catch up. And I'll get to see her in a couple of months. Out of nowhere, my dear, dear friend is back in my life. I don't deserve such Blessings. But I'll take them!
No comments:
Post a Comment