It was just was one of those days, where all I seem to do is fumble. I've been struggling with an excrutiating headache in the left side of my head for almost a week now. Could be a loose filling issue, could be a sinus infection. I'm hoping that it will subside without needing to go to the doctor. I try very hard to let my body naturally fight things that invade.
Back to my day. Today was a big day. Press conference big. Literally a press conference. For something I am SO passionately beginning in my home town. I'm on the Buy Local team for my town. We began to create this group back in November, and kicked off the campaign today with a press conference. And it went well until this WOMAN started commenting. She was so NEGATIVE. It frustrated me so. What we are trying to do is all good for our community, yet there she was, trying to twist and turn it around to a negative. While I think people realized what she was doing, it frustrated me. Why did she have the right to ruin our day? It still bothers me, and I hate that I let people control my feelings like that. I know what we do is incredible. It is going to be a wonderful movement in our town, and I am thrilled to be able to be a part of it. That is what I need to concentrate on.
Back at work, I answered one email after lunch, having spent quite a bit of time drafting it to sound right, only to find after hitting "send" that they were already fixing the issue...
I responded to an email with a group, thinking that one of the members was being harsh to another, only to be corrected, that there was genuine reason to be concerned.
I decided it was one of those days just to keep my mouth shut. So I dug in and got lots accomplished. Turned off my email. Turned off the phone (ok, let it go to voicemail).
I hope tomorrow is better!
No comments:
Post a Comment