Monday, January 12, 2009

so little time these days....

Starting the new year is always a great chance to step back and see where the past year took you, what you want to change, and where you want to be in the end of the new. I am starting 2009 with going back to school, which I'm finding is straining my free time a bit. But I love to learn, so I'm diving in head first. Tonight is my first class, and I may find out that I'm entirely too in depth in my study of the chapter. I just don't want to be unprepared.

The difficult part of this is that I don't want to take away from my family at all. Luckily, I will be able to do my studies online, whenever I want. But this first week I want to meet my profs, get a feel for the classes, and make sure I'm on the right track. With a meeting tomorrow night - that means Thursday is the first night I'll actually be home after work. I'm spending my nights cooking dinners so that I have leftovers to pack for here. Packing lunch AND dinner gets a wee bit challenging and I really don't want to start eating out. The cost, and health factor of that just doesn't make it logical.

So I'm trying to find my new "pattern". Of getting the house clean, of cooking, managing to stay active with the kids, and getting my school and work work done. I actually feel like I'm getting back to my old self. First time since losing mom in 2006. It's been a looooong haul.

Here's to fresh starts.. May we all keep our heads above water and our focus in the right direction!

2 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

Praying you find your "groove" soon.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new "routine." You amaze me!