I had full intention of writing this last weekend. Actually took an extra day off of work which gave me a four day weekend. My "productive" weekend turned into days of Wii, living in my jammies, and scrapbooking. All with good coffee of course. So while it was not productive, it was healing, and a wonderful way to bring in the new year.
I love the fact that I am going into 2009 in a good place. I have so much to look forward to. My first graduate classes start on 1/12 (Ok, that is only a week away!), my dad is in a wonderful care facility and doing beautifully, my dd and I are going on a whirlwind trip of Washington DC over spring break, and we have lots of fun plans already in place for time with friends and family.
I have been working on my health. Last weekend not so much, but you have to have a weekend like that some time. I am thrilled that I feel in control of my choices, in most aspects of my life. So here's my toast to 2009! A great friend told me "2009 is mine". And we really have committed to taking back our lives this year. Stopping to smell the roses. Enjoying those we love. I hope we maintain that committment.....
I am surrounded by SO many amazing friends and family. I cannot tell you here how Blessed I am. I am continually amazed at that aspect of my life. God is such a good God. No matter what trials we go through, it is always for a reason. And I once read a quote that every time you suffer something difficult, and are torn to bits, the you that you become when you put the pieces back together is even better than before. And I truly believe that. Each time I have a difficult time, I come out stronger, surrounded by yet more amazing people.
Really looking forward to 2009, and the challenges, and Blessings God has in store!
No comments:
Post a Comment