As a woman, having a daughter is possibly the most amazing, rewarding, difficult, challenging, and Blessed thing I have in my life. As she becomes a woman, we do have trials - of independence, co-dependence, and differing opinions. There are times when I feel frustrated, maybe because she's not confided something in me, maybe because we're not talking as much as I'd like.
But then there are THOSE days, when we sneak off to town for a mini shopping trip, just the two of us, and we chat the entire way. Or when I'm home late because of a meeting and I come home to a clean kitchen counter, because she knows just how much that improves my entry back into home life.
And then there is last night.
Last night was my first night of class as a grad student. She'd asked me all weekend as I studied how I was doing. And during break in the middle of class last night I had a message from her "just saying hi, just seeing how your class is going".
I've found that I'm not only raising a daughter, but a best friend. And a good person. A caring, loving, Christian woman. A woman who means the world to me. A woman who will continue to do great things in this world.
How Blessed am I!
No comments:
Post a Comment