Monday, May 12, 2008

catching up

Friday May 9th. It was two years since my mom died. I stopped at the grave on the way to work. It's ridiculous how much I miss her. Being 38, there are a lot of things I'd be asking her right now...

Kind of freaky thing happened - went to a new salon to get my hair cut at noon, sat next to a chatty older lady. We talked away until she looked at me, stopped, and asked what my name was. She then smiled. "You're Maxine's daughter. Maxine was a wonderful lady." It made me smile. Mom sent her to give me a smile.

Stopped after work to put fresh flowers on the grave. They still look nice today.

Had a wine tasting party Friday night - in conjunction with a jewelry party. Wow, we partied like we were in college. Drinking wine from the bottle around the campfire until 1:30 am~ and the house LOOKED like we partied like we were in college.. .But so much fun. Man, we had fun.

Saturday night got the greatest surprise. It was 9:30, and I was alone on the couch watching tv. Kids and DH were in bed. I was just relaxing. It had been a busy two days. All of a sudden the phone rang. On of my BFF (:-) from Nebraska - just to ck in on me. We had the greatest talk. I needed it SO bad. And she knew. Things like that are reminders of all the Blessings in my life.

Mother's day was Sunday - took the kids to my sister's for her daughter's confirmation. It was good to be with her that day. After Ken went to work, the kids and I went bumming - shopping - etc. then came home and played board games. Perfect mother's day.

A few reflections:
At 2pm on Sunday, neither of my sister's kids had told her happy mother's day. nothing. Mine had both said it first thing (ds wasn't even out of bed), and both gave me wonderful homemade gifts. I'm so Blessed by them.

I am working on focusing on my family - and doing well so far. Ignored a phone message to call someone on sunday so that the kids and I could continue playing Caddoo. It was good. We played games for hours. We need that.

I really am Blessed. Having my mom back might make it better, but I think a lot of what has happened in the last two years to get me to this point are because I lost her. In the end we know everything is for a reason....

No comments: