I heard from a friend today that a very close mutual friend of ours has moved away. This friend was one of those really amazing people, who I find in my dreams, in my thoughts, in things I see around me. This friend has changed my life forever, in the things said during our long talks about how my family treats me, how people take advantage of me, how I don't take time for myself. This friend opened my eyes to so many things.
I knew they would move. Downsizing of a job made that inevitable. I've not spoken with this friend in literally months, as preparations began, so I didn't realize just how real the move was. Until today. And now, this friend is gone. I doubt I will ever see this friend again. And that hurts more than anyone can know (except for one person).
This friend was taken out of my daily life by a manipulative person, someone who had no regard for others around them. And now, this friend has been taken away - across the country - by corporate downsizing.
I know that everyone comes into our lives for a reason. What I don't get is why they have to leave.
1 comment:
Thanks Melissa for putting into words what I couldn't---helps to know that I have someone to share the hurt.
Post a Comment