Held a surprise party for my father in law one Saturday - a story in itself, when I have more time. Family funeral this week - one of my DH's loving aunts - always remembered to send cards, call to say hi. She was ill, so it's a blessing, but she'll be missed! One of DH cousins had emergency open heart surgery - at age 32 - last week. Staph infection had destroyed one of her heart valves. Very scary week, but she's come through, and we will support her through recovery!
Last Wednesday marked the beginning of our United Way campaign here at work, which I lead. LIVE UNITED - U make a difference! We've had a book sale so far, and today I'm running around getting supplies for the company wide brat sale.
- 675 brats
- 105 hot dogs
- 64 DOZEN buns
- 6 cans of sauerkraut
- 11 lg bottles of ketchup
- 5 bottles of mustard
- plates, napkins, and forks OH MY!
It's my third year with this and I think I'm finally getting it down! It's our kickoff to a month of fun, which this year includes basket drawings, a chili cookoff, and breakfast of champions. I thrive on fundraising. It's in my blood. Something I'm very passionate about. I've been involved with United Way for three years - now on our community campaign committee as well. Today I was photo'd for a profile going in the paper. I had to write a few sentences about my passion:
LIVE UNITED is a way of life for me. Through every day courtesies - helping out neighbors in need - to donations to charities of choice. I am Blessed to be healthy and able to help others in need. I work with our corporate Community Action Committee - which supports volunteer efforts and fundraising in our community. I participate in social opportunities with my children like raking leaves on Make a Difference day, or building a home for Habitat for Humanity. My hope is that through my actions, others will be inspired to do the same. I hope to create a ripple effect, of good work for others in need. LIVE by example.
No comments:
Post a Comment