Wednesday, June 18, 2008

frustration is setting in....

I am tired of being a martyr. I'm tired of being taken advantage of. It seems like everywhere in my life I find myself being used, and I have no backbone to stop it.

Obviously, my family situation is one. I was told that my oldest sister was coming to see Dad yesterday, so I "took the day off". I didn't need to worry about him at lunch. When he called me confused at 1:30, I grew concerned, because she should have been there. When I contacted her daughter, I was told she'd left at one. So dad didn't have anyone there to make him lunch. I'm sure he ate a sandwich, but that is NOT the point. And neither of my sisters that are POA have mentioned anything about moving dad to a home. Of course not - why should they? I take care of him now for free. They do not at all take into consideration my life, or my dads.

And there is a ton of stuff going on at work, where I've sacrificed my family vacation, my summer, etc., and now I've asked for something in return and miraculously no one can help me out when I need it.

I guess I'm just feeling like everyone is happy to ask me for things, to take from me, but no one is ever willing to sacrifice for me.

Just wallowing in self pity. But this is my journal, it's the only place I can do it, because I don't have the backbone to stand up for myself.

No comments: