Monday, February 17, 2014

Time for a sabbatical

I am that person - that is always willing to volunteer, willing to host a party. I am the one people call to vent to, to chat with, and to ask advice of.

And normally, I LOVE being that person.

I am an extrovert. I live for being around others, and gain energy just from being with them.

But my life right now is a bit complicated, and a bit rough. And I need a sabbatical. I don't want to answer the phone. I don't want to get together with friends. I just want to take a little break.

This is not against anyone, it's simply that I need a breath. I need to just go to work, and come home to take care of my family, and me. I need to read a good book.  I need to nap. I need to have the house to myself.

I am being totally selfish. So I apologize in advance. So no need to worry. I'm not doing anything drastic. Just taking some time to reflect, listen to God, and breathe.

I'll be back. Quickly I'm sure. But for now, I'm on sabbatical. See you soon.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Take as much time as you need - we will all be here when you are rested and back to your old "Missy-self". Know that we all care, and if you need anything - we are just a phone call away. We love you....
Healing peace be yours....