One of the perks to being a substitute teacher is the ability to choose. This time of year is a crazy one for substitutes. Always. And this month I've been able to work every day that I haven't needed off! I've been teaching everything from elementary music and art to high school chemistry and English. In addition, I've been helping the local caterer, and cooking for friends. So it's been a crazy month to say the least.
I have had the afternoon scheduled in junior high math for about a month, knowing I'd have a lazy morning before going in to relax. Yesterday I was called by three different teachers to sub, some the entire day, some just the morning I had free. But I did something for myself. I said NO. I maintained my morning, and it's been a wonderful morning to catch up!
I've made and baked 3# of meatballs for my niece, baked bars for our speaker this evening, and baked off sandwich bread for our house. And it's only 9:30. I crossed three things off my to-do list for the week and it feels great. I'm very happy that I decided to choose me. I feel bad for not being able to help out the other teachers, but in all honesty, I am not the only sub.
So I'm enjoying my morning - having another cup of coffee - while the last thing gets ready to go into the oven.
No comments:
Post a Comment